Coronaviruses are a large group of viruses that can be found among humans and animals. Depending on the virus strain, they cause a variety of illnesses, including what is known as the common cold. However, more aggressive strains can lead to severe diseases like Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
COVID-19 is a new, or novel, coronavirus strain that has not been seen before. It has not yet officially been determined how the disease originated, but early genetic testing show it started in bats. More tests and research is being conducted to see if the disease moved to another animal after bats before moving to humans
For some individuals, yes. The primary concern is that COVID-19 causes respiratory illness. Older people and anyone with medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, COPD and asthma appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus.
COVID-19 infection can cause mild symptoms like a runny nose, sore throat, cough, and fever. More severe symptoms include pneumonia or breathing difficulties.
The Disinfectant Solution we use has a unique EPA registration number of: 6836-340
You will find this registration number on all of our products’ packaging as: 6836-340-89018 (-89018 is our unique Brand ID)
The Center for Biocide Chemistries’ has recognized our Brand’s Products as effective against the Coronavirus because we use a solution that has shown effectiveness against similar viruses.
To find the CBC’s certification of SONO Wipes, click here.
EPA tests have demonstrated effectiveness against viruses such as COVID-19 on hard, non-porous surfaces. Therefore, SONO Disinfecting Wipes and SONO Ultrasound Wipes can be used against COVID-19 when used in accordance with the directions for use against Human Coronavirus on hard, non-porous surfaces.
The disinfection process for COVID-19 is divided into three steps:
1. Wipe the surface until it is visibly wet with the wipe solution.
2. Maintain a wet surface for at least 10 minutes, using multiple wipes if needed.
3. Allow to air dry.
Symptoms usually include a runny nose, sore throat, cough, and fever. For some people. it is similar in many ways to the flu or the common cold, but for others, severe breathing difficulties are a sign of infection. It is possible to be tested for the disease, but you will need to call a local medical facility to be advised on where to go.
COVID-19 seems to only be spreading from person-to-person with close contact, but more research is needed. People who are infected can transmit the virus by coughing, sneezing and talking.
The highest number of cases in the US are in New York and New Jersey, but many other states are seeing the number of confirmed cases rise. As of 5/1/2020, the states with more than 10,000 cases include New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida, Texas, Louisiana, Connecticut, Georgia, Maryland, Ohio, Indiana, Virginia, Colorado, Washington, North Carolina, and Tennessee.
As states start to open up again, you should expect to see confirmed cases increase in those places.
The best form of prevention of coronavirus is to wash your hands regularly, keep at least 6 feet of distance from others, and not touch your eyes, mouth, nose or face. The next best step is to wear a mask in public. This will protect you from airborne germs that get expelled when people cough, sneeze and talk.
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19, be sure to cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. You should also wear a mask so you are less likely to spread the virus to other people. Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching most surfaces in your home.
The next, and most important, step is to call a doctor’s office to find out where you should go to be tested.
There is no standardized treatment at this time, other than bed rest and allowing the infected person’s immune system time to fight the virus. Since it is a virus and not a bacterial infection, antibiotics are not an effective treatment.
Yes. This is the best way to prevent spreading the virus to more people.
SONO Disinfecting Wipes are trusted by hospitals, medical professionals, gyms and schools to clean equipment and surfaces that have been exposed to some of the worst germs on the planet—including:
- Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA)
- Enterococci (VRE)
- Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE)
- Carbapenem-Resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae (CRKP)
- They also kill dangerous viruses like HIV and the B and C strains of Hepatitis
- Even though SONO Disinfecting Wipes effectively eliminate dangerous germs, they’re still safe for everyday use. No gloves required.
- They’re the best solution for disinfecting almost everything while traveling, from your plane seat and tray table, to the door knobs and TV remote in hotel rooms.
- Travel packs are lightweight and small enough to take with you everywhere you go. They’re perfect for your car, backpack, purse or gym bag.
- SONO Disinfecting Wipes are also a smart way to clean electronic devices.
- Did you know your mobile phone contains roughly 25,000 germs, making it one of the most germ-infested items you touch every day?
- Cleaning with just one wipe removes 99.9% of bacteria and more than 47 pathogens.
- Stock-up on conveniently-sized travel pouches and large canisters to ensure you’re ready to completely disinfect surfaces in your home and wherever you go.
- The wipes are textured to pick up dirt, and the solution leaves surfaces wet longer that other wipes to kill 99.9% of bacteria and more than 47 pathogens.
- SONO wipes can be used on multiple surfaces, including counter tops, sinks, kitchen appliances, and most bathroom surfaces.
- Use them on electronic devices at home and at work, including computer keyboards, phones, CPAP machines and other medical devices.
SONO Disinfecting Wipes Featured on Fox News
- Kurt the CyberGuy Knutsson appeared on Fox News 1/26/2020 to discuss what gear can be used to protect yourself from the coronavirus.
- He recommended SONO medical-grade disinfecting wipes for everything you touch, especially when away from home.
- Click the image below to watch the full news segment.
Travel Size SONO Disinfecting Wipes – Pack Of 3
Easy to use
A 20-count soft pack is the right size to slip in a purse, backpack or overnight bag when you’re on the go.
And the resealable packaging means you won’t be disappointed with dry wipes if you haven’t used it in a while.
Disinfect objects in any room or location, from kitchens and bathrooms to waiting rooms and automotive interiors.
Kills 99.9999% of germs
Viruses and bacteria can live on any surface. Know you’re safe, no matter what you touch or where you go
Stay Safe When You Travel
TODAY conducted an investigation to learn what kinds of germs are present on the surfaces frequently touched by airline passengers. As you can imagine, the results were alarming. SONO Disinfecting Wipes allow you to relax before, during and after you reach 31,000 feet.
The SONO Disinfection Process
Staying Healthy With SONO Disinfecting Wipes
The world is full of germs. Every home and location people frequent have surfaces that get cleaned on irregular schedules. That’s why it’s important to protect yourself by wiping surfaces and objects before you touch them. You’ll reduce the chance of contracting the common cold, while also defending yourself against antibiotic-resistant infections like MRSA. Being mindful of these dangers goes a long way toward keeping yourself in perfect health year-round.
SONO Disinfecting Wipes – Family Pack
Be prepared for every situation
The SONO Disinfecting Wipes Family Pack includes three, 20-count travel packs and a canister for your home or office.
Disinfect, deodorize and sanitize
Just one wipe eliminates odors and cleans a variety of surfaces.
Effectively kill the cold and flu virus
Go beyond the flu shot to kill Avian influenza, H1N1, H3N2, and H5N1 on all surfaces.
No gloves needed
SONO Disinfecting Wipes are quaternary ammonium compound-based, with a low VOC formulation that is ammonia, bleach and phosphate free. They also don’t contain harsh solvents, added alcohol, or strong oxidizing agents. This means you don’t need to wear gloves to use them, and they’re not flammable.
Designed for healthcare professionals and families
The packaging, size, quality, and scent have been engineered by medical professionals to meet the demands of their environment, but SONO Disinfecting Wipes are safe to use at home by families of all ages.
Use SONO Disinfecting Wipes for:
Medical equipment such as CPAP machines and nebulizers should be disinfected monthly to prevent germ build-up.
Desktop and laptop computers are prone to collect germs on keyboards, touchpads and mice. These devices should be wiped at least monthly to minimize bacteria.
Cell phones, tablets and video game devices should also be disinfected regularly. Be sure to allow them to completely dry before use to ensure all germs are killed.
Home phones, stereo systems and thermostats should be wiped at least monthly to prevent the risk of spreading viruses.
Automotive surfaces including the steering wheel, radio, door handles and shifter are areas commonly overlooked, but need to be disinfected.
Where To Use SONO Disinfecting Wipes
Door Knobs + Light Switches
– Disinfect all the door knobs, light switches and door frames in your home at the same time.
– This ensures they all get cleaned and none are missed.
– Some families make it a game and involve their children. Just be sure everyone allows the surfaces to dry before using them.
– If you’ve never watched most food service workers clean dining areas, you should start. They typically use the same rag to clean tabletops and seats.
– Some studies have shown that restaurant seats are dirtier than their bathrooms.
– Before you and your family sit down, a quick wipe of the seats ensures you’re safe from any germs that may have been present.
Taxis + Ride-Hailing Services
– New research is showing most drivers for these services don’t disinfect the surfaces customers touch.
– This includes interior and exterior door handles, seat belts, seats, window locks and door locks.
– Remember to wipe these items before you touch them.